World Congress III against the Sexual Exploitation of Children and Adolescents
- 25.11.08 - 28.11.08
- The Government of Brazil, UNICEF, ECPAT International, and the NGO Group for the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sexual exploitation of children and adolescents cannot be solved by any single nation or organisation working alone. Co-ordinated international action by governments, international organisations, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and communities worldwide is needed to counter these violations against children.
Following the 1996 Stockholm and 2001 Yokohama global forums, Brazil will host the World Congress III against the Sexual Exploitation of Children and Adolescents in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 25-28 November 2008.
The Government of Brazil, UNICEF, ECPAT International, and the NGO Group for the Convention on the Rights of the Child are the organisers of this congress.
The objective of this event is to mobilise all countries to guarantee the rights of children and adolescents to be protected from sexual exploitation and abuse by taking action to:
- Build on current achievements, examine new challenges and dimensions of sexual exploitation and set more targeted strategies and measures to address them;
- Examine what works in different regions and identify channels to facilitate better exchange of experiences;
- Open channels and secure greater international cooperation on key issues (including cross-border and inter-regional cooperation);
- Catalyse a systemic and inter-sector approach to guarantee children and adolescents´ right to be protected from sexual exploitation; and
- Establish time-bound goals to promote and monitor progress on the themes addressed by the Congress.
no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information
Available on the website since September 30, 2008